Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wedded Wednesday: Sweet Love

Today is just a small DIY for you and the rest will be pictures of our day all put together. Sorry in advance if it is a photo overload! :)

First, here is a little Sweet Love DIY for you :)

What you will need
- An old book (I used a thrifted dictionary)
- scissors
- Cardboard for a guide (I used a cereal box)
- Sharpie
- Mini clothespins
- Twine or some other kind of string

This was a super simple DIY that we used to hang over our dessert table (look back at this post for what our dessert table was like!)

All you need to do is create the guide out of the cardboard (you don't have to do this, I just wanted everything to be uniform). My hearts were about 6 inches across at their widest point. Once you have your guide cut out, figure out how many hearts you need for your banner, mine was 9 big hearts total. Trace the heart onto the book pages.

Once you have traced all your hearts cut them out :) Now for me, this next part was the hardest part...writing "sweet love" I do not have the typical 'cute' handwriting. I am also terribly critical of my work (anyone else suffer from my same ailments ;) ??). Anyway so for me I did not go straight in with the sharpie, I did a rough pencil sketch of the letters first and then went over it with a sharpie.

My wedding happened to be a little ways away from home so this was put together at the venue and unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it at the venue but the picture up top is where it hangs now, in our kitchen :)

This was my last little wedding post! I hope you have enjoyed them so far and that maybe they have inspired you for your own wedding or even just a party, who knows. I know I have loved sharing our wedding with you. We really loved it and hope that you have loved hearing about it :)

And now, here are some of the pictures from our day.























Now I am sure that seems like too many pictures....but given the fact that I have over 2,000 pictures of our wedding day....this was pretty good ;)

I hope you are all having a great week! Stay posted for some pictures and ideas for all the fabric I got in LA! Can I just brag for one second and tell you that I got probably 15 or more yards of fabric for about $30! Amazing! Cant wait to show you all of it and the plans I have for it :)

With love from a girl about to go to the gym (3 cheers for health!),
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment