Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tis the season :)

I hope that you all had a wonderful and relaxing thanksgiving! We got to go down and spend time with the hubs family. It was quite nice since we had not spent time with them since the wedding.

On the way down we took the long way down 101 and stopped near Pismo to have lunch with a wonderful friend of mine and it was just truly refreshing to be around a familiar face again. Here are two of my favorite pictures we took on the beach that day:




once we got to our destination we were able to relax with his family and enjoy some time with them before thanksgiving the next day. It was really fantastic and the next day of course was full of delicious food! I even got to learn how to make grandmas famous noodles that feed an army! It was a good time.

While we were at his parents home, we played around on the piano a bit. Fun fact about me...I took piano lessons for about 7 years but was not dedicated enough to practice and therefore never got better. But I tried to play a little while we were there....and I am terrible! haha but I snapped a pretty picture of the piano, that makes up for it right?


And lastly...true to my rules we waited until after thanksgiving to do anything Christmas...but yesterday we bought our first tree together!! It is beautiful and makes our apartment smell like magic. I love it and wanted to share its loveliness with you

I don't have any fun projects for you this time, but here is one that I am planning on doing as soon as I start working again and have some fun money to spend on it! It is transferring a photo onto a canvas! I cannot wait to try it, it gives such a neat old time effect. Here is the tutorial for it if you are interested in seeing it or giving it a shot yourself!

I can also leave you with a wonderful recipe for hummus. I personally like homemade hummus more than store bought and it is cheaper really. The tahini is what will cost you the most but lasts for a long while.

what you will need:
1 can garbanzo beans
1 tsp. cumin
2 Tbls Tahini
1 clove of garlic
1/4 Cup olive oil
lemon juice (I always just taste until it is right...but somewhere around 1/8th of a cup maybe)
salt to taste

combine everything into a food processor and blend until smooth. I promise you wont want store bought again :)

With love from the couch (watching New Girl with the hubs),

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment