Sunday, July 10, 2011

just some life ramblings

This season of life has been so interesting. There has been so much change so quickly that sometimes I feel like I haven't had the chance to truly sit back and let all these wonderful things sink in.

I know that getting a bachelors these days is not that big of a deal and a masters degree is all the rage. However when I sit back and think about being done and graduated I feel a great sense of accomplishment. But the competing side of that which prevents this fact from sinking in is I am not doing a job that requires the knowledge that I have acquired. It doesn't engage me the way that using my knowledge of psychology does. So I am in this time of being incredibly thankful to have this job even though it is not the dream..but this job sometimes gets too comfortable and I want to fight that as much as possible so that I don't lose my ambition for more...I don't want to stop my dreaming for something that excites me beyond belief.

Then there is this being engaged and getting married aspect. Another absolutely incredible life change and nothing short of amazing thinking about spending the rest of my life with my best friend. But I feel like right now I am in between excitement and stress. Planning a wedding is lots of work and city hall sounds better and better daily (except not really because I have been dreaming of my wedding day for years). I dont think it has sunk in yet that my wedding day is less than 2 months away because I think that as of yet I have been taking each day as it comes because thinking too far ahead into my 'to-do's' makes me lose sight of what a joy this time is supposed to be.

So I am here left in the middle of these things...trying to chase 'the dream' but still taking life one day at a time so I don't freak out!

I will leave this post with one of my absolute favorite quotes because it makes me think of what I want to do and refocus on what is important and then a picture from a place I love and miss deeply in New Zealand.

"To laugh often and much;To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."-Emerson



With love,
Whitney


P.s Aunt Elaine, I hear you havent seen any pictures of Noah's face. so this picture is just for you

No comments:

Post a Comment