Friday, April 1, 2011

36!

Whew...that is right...36 days left (really 27 if you take out my spring break days). I have 36 days left of being a student. I have 36 days left of living in a community like I never will again. I have 36 more days in sunny southern California. thirty six!! This is insane to me. It has not quite sunk in just yet that I am graduating...and not ever coming back here. Sometimes it does and I get all nostalgic and remember all the wonderful times I have had here and all the fantastic people that I have met. It is incredible to me that I have been here for four years! That just does not seem possible...but here we are and I suppose graduation will be proof of this unbelievable fact.

The thought of graduation aside, can we just stop for a moment and recognize that it is APRIL already?! I mean really...where have the first 3 months of the year gone? How have I almost been engaged for two months now? how in the world is time going by so quickly?! Goodness gracious. I feel like I need to stop blinking because every time I do days pass by.

Dont get me wrong, I am thrilled that it is April and that school work is almost all behind me. This semester has been a rough one but here I am...hung in there and about to graduate. For those of you who have been keeping up with my blogging (as minimal as it has been) and heard about my senior seminar paper, well it is done!!!! that is right folks, the culmination of my time here at APU was placed into a senior thesis and turned in on March 25th and I presented my thesis to my class and defended it just yesterday, the 31st of March. It feels so great to be done with that paper and presentation and pretty much that class. There is nothing more I need to do for that class for the remainder of my semester (aside from listening to other peoples defenses). It was truly an interesting topic to explore and if any of you are interested in reading a 20 page paper on the topic of the impact of social media on interpersonal relationships, let me know and I will email you the paper.

I feel like I can breathe a little bit now that m senior seminar is out of the way...but only briefly. There is still quite a bit to get through before May 7th rolls around but the list is getting shorter and that is encouraging.

Outside of school life, I am running a 5k tomorrow morning...not a terribly long run but a fun event none the less. Spring break is soon and Noah and I will potentially be getting engagement photos taken then (so fun!). We have been barreling through this planning process and have quite a bit done so far and are really excited about where it is happening and who is going to be taking our pictures (www.brianganyo.com) that is his website if you care to see some of his work with other people. We have colors picked. wedding party picked. the next big thing is going to be catering! We are so exited about the details that are coming together perfectly it has been so great having wonderful friends and family beside us during this process.

I think that is about all I have to update you on. Life is good. Weather has been great and bringing me so much joy. Internship has also still been going really well. Things are just going really well. my heart is just bathing in peace and love these days (I think that has to do with the proximity of graduation and the sunshine!)

I hope this finds you all well

With love from sunny Azusa,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment