Wednesday, December 3, 2014

35 weeks

Well, the countdown is on. 5 weeks until my due date...and it is definitely becoming more and more real by the day. I am counting down the days until I am on maternity leave and get to rest a little more. Other than being tired though, things are pretty darn good over here, so I really can't complain.

I've been terrible about taking pictures of this belly of mine. I am huge though. 

Anyway, enough of my jabbering...all the way back at the end of October my wonderful Mamma and mother in law threw me a baby shower and it was perfection. I thought I would share some pictures of it.




This was in the entry way, we had the classic guess how big around I am game. Some women hate this game...I really don't mind it for whatever reason. How awesome are those circular fans in the window? I loved them!







My mom pulled out all the stops with decorating for the shower. It was so much fun to walk around the house and see little details she thought of. All the little shoes in the pictures above were mine when I was little, that was fun to see. The bassinet has been passed down through our family and all the names of who has slept in it is written under the mattress, it's fun to know another name will be added very soon! My mom also put together that display on the wall of clothes, some of which were mine or hers when we were little, others are just vintage shirts she has collected for this little guy.  




One of my favorite parts of the shower was having the guests paint a letter of the alphabet for an alphabet wall! I wasn't able to get a picture of all of them, but you get the general idea. It is so great to see all the different colors and styles. I can't wait to see them all hung up on a wall.


Anyway, thats a lot of words....but incase you want to read more about whats going on in week 35, here is an update...and to appease the people, a picture of my belly (although it was from halloween so only 30 weeks)

How far along:  35 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Coconut  
Showing: Definitely 
Gender: It’s a boy!
Maternity clothes: For sure. I can get away with some tops that aren’t still, but maternity tops are way more comfortable at this point.
Belly button in or out: still in, but on the brink of popping out.
Symptoms: So tired. All. The. Time.
Sleep: I wake up a lot just because I am uncomfortable…it’s making work tough.
Cravings: Peanut butter puffins! I refuse to admit how quickly I have gone through boxes of this cereal… 
Queasy or sick: Not at all.  
Best moment this week: Nothing great stands out, but he is always really active in there and I always love that….even when he kicks me in the ribs :)
Worst moment this week: Nothing too scary this week. We had a scary moment a couple weeks ago where he had not been moving and had to go into labor and delivery to be monitored. Of course as soon as we got there and that strapped the monitors to me he started kicking away. We are so thankful he is a-ok!
Miss anything: Sleeping normally, not having heart burn all the time, my normal clothes…there are many things I am missing these days.
Movement: Definitely. He is super active in there. I love it.
Looking forward to: Being on maternity leave and having more time to get our apartment ready for him.




I hope this finds you well.

With love,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment