Thursday, October 23, 2014

28 (and kind of 29) Weeks

We are just going to swiftly move past the fact that I have not posted and update since week 24. So, here I am at 29 weeks...tying my shoes and keeping my toes looking decent is becoming more difficult by the day. Someone please convince my husband that this is reason enough to get a pedicure on a regular basis!

Anyway, life is pretty good these days. The general stress that comes along with having a kid hits me every now and again...especially as my due date slowly creeps up on me. I mean seriously guys, I only have 11 more weeks until he is due to arrive! That just seems insane. I figure that ready or not, he is coming so I better just get it together and remember that we have amazing support systems ready to help us as we stumble through figuring out what it means to be parents.

So, this is kind of a combined post I suppose...a picture from week 28 but all the info from week 29. This picture also happened to be the same night the Giants clinched their ticket to the World Series!!




How far along:  29 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Acorn squash  
Showing: Definitely 
Gender: It’s a boy :)
Maternity clothes: Definitely pants and I am in serious need of some shirts..I am stretching out all of my normal ones!
Belly button in or out: still in.
Symptoms: A bit of swelling in my hands and feet and I am definitely starting to feel the extra weight in my knees, hips and lower back. Over all though, I feel like I have been really fortunate and can't really complain.
Sleep: Not the best, but also not the worst. 
Cravings: I do not like eggs for the most part but for whatever reason, over the weekend I could not get enough of hardboiled eggs! 
Queasy or sick: Not at all.  
Best moment this week: I love seeing him move and getting to know when he is most awake and active.
Worst moment this week: Nothing really this week, we had a scary moment with him in week 27 where I had not felt him move for a decent amount of time. Luckily he finally moved and has been just fine ever since.
Miss anything: My normal clothes
Movement: Definitely. He moves a lot when I am lying on my side trying to sleep!

Looking forward to: Meeting this little dude. But since that is still far away, I am excited for my 34 week appointment and getting to see him on the ultrasound again. 

I hope this finds you well!

with love,
Whitney

1 comment: