Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A little bit of everything

So, it has been a while. I think some of that was on purpose...I didn't want to just word vomit all over the internet.

Life has been good. Full of change and challenge, but good. Since I last wrote I have a new job! How I loved being a nanny and looking after such a fun and vibrant little boy, but the change was welcomed and I am enjoying my new job as well. I now sit in an office all day, which I am finding is not ideal...I need my vitamin D! But I love the predictability of my hours and the fact that I am learning and growing and growing a skill set that will be so helpful for me in future job searches.

Things have been good and challenging. I have been learning how to be kind to myself. I am learning how to make mistakes and not let them be devastating to me. I am learning that there is no such thing as a balance between work and everything else you want to do. Finding that balance, or rather not finding it, has been incredibly difficult for me.

The time I do find to do the things that breathe life into me, is spent a lot on my long time desire to learn calligraphy. I think in a lot of ways, calligraphy is teaching me that there is no such thing as perfect. It challenges the perfectionist in me, and I think that is a good thing.

More than anything right now, I am searching for God's purpose in my time here. Not my time here on earth as in the purpose of life...but the purpose of my physical location. My job, my church, my neighborhood. It is something I have struggled with a lot here and I recently read from "Jesus Today" by Sarah Young that "There are many different ways to wait, and some are much better than others. Beneficial waiting involves looking to Me continually-trusting and loving Me." So, I am trying to find what it means to wait where I am beneficially. Waiting is hard.

Anyway, I would post some pictures but I literally have not been taking any. What is wrong with me?! The last picture I have of Noah and myself is from our 2 year anniversary....all the way back on September 4th. What the heck.

I hope this finds you all well. Not sure what this blog will be or turn into...I have projects that I have been doing but as I said, finding work and life balance has been difficult and so who knows when those things will be posted. But it does feel good to write again...writing can be therapeutic.

With love,
Whitney



No comments:

Post a Comment